Wedding websites are nothing new, but with so many choices out there, it’s hard to know where to start. Having a custom website devoted to your wedding day can be a useful tool for you and your guests. These sites are a great way to distribute information to guests, share your story, and post photos and video for your friends and family to view. On your wedding website you can include online RSVPs, e-mail save-the-dates, Wedding Registry information, hotel options for out-of-town guests, and the wedding day itinerary. The best part about creating a wedding website is that it’s FREE! And if you’re planning your wedding on a budget, free is a good thing. Here are 3 of the best FREE wedding websites providers that make setting up your own wedding website fun, easy, and hassle-free.
TheKnot.com is one of the most popular websites for wedding planning. They have great information and inspiration for brides and grooms to be. When you register as a member on the site, you get free access to their Premium Wedding Website package, which includes great features:
• Exclusive designs – A wide variety of templates are available, with options to change colors, fonts, and photos to match your wedding theme and colors.
• Share your gift registry – Allow your guests to easily locate your wedding registry by clicking a web link.
• Upload your photos – Share engagement photos, snapshots, and even your wedding photos
• Matching email save-the-date – Send an email Save-the-Date that matches your wedding website.
• Map your event locations – Easily map locations for the rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, and reception, making it easy for your guests to find their way.
Another great place to build your FREE wedding website is ewedding.com. One of the best features of this website is that you get to choose your own .com domain name (example: www.anyname.com). This is a huge plus! You can also password protect your site, so that your privacy is protected. Other great features include:
• RSVP Online – Allow your guests to save time and a stamp. Collect meal choices, and other preferences by setting up online RSVPs.
• Unlimited Photo albums – Upload thousands of pics. Quickly add, edit and manage your pics.
• Audio & Video – Upload a video of your proposal, and the song you will walk down the aisle to. No limit on media files.
• Downloads – Upload files to your website for visitors to download. This could be maps, an itinerary, photos and more. Ths is such a valuable feature, because people will constantly be asking you for wedding info and copies of photos. Now you can just point them to the website.
• Polls & Quizzes – Find out how much, or how little, your friends and family know! Unlimited polls and quizzes can be very fun!
• Mailing List – Let your visitors stay up to date on your wedding and news by joining your own mailing list. Send mailings any time.
WeddingWire has many unique features, and they’re all free! On weddingwire.com you can create your wedding website in three easy steps: 1. Select your wedding website design; 2. Enter your information; 3. Customize your site. They have over 120 themes to choose from, by designers like Vera Wang, Martha Stewart, and Wedding Paper Divas. You can add your own photos, video, and music, and choose your own website address. You can also create an unlimited number of custom pages on your website and they give you up to 100mb of storage for your content.
WeddingWire also has features that make life easier for your guests, such as letting guests search for the best travel rates on over 140 web sites. They also allow you to create a mobile version of your wedding website that your guests can access through their smart phones. This means that guests can have all of the wedding details at their fingertips no matter where they are. You can also set up a social guest book (think of it as your own wedding-centric facebook), which allows your guests to interact online before, during and after the wedding.
There are many choices when it comes to setting up a free wedding website, but these are great places to start. The sites mentioned above had more features and flexibility than other sites we reviewed. With a little effort on your part, you can have a stunning wedding website for free… nada… zilch!